ONDOKUZ MAYIS UNIVERSITY FACULTY OF MEDICINE INSTITUTIONAL AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
Aims in the Field of Education
To train physicians who have the knowledge and skills to protect, maintain and improve the health of the individual and the society, and who can comply with ethical and professional values, sustain inter-professional teamwork, make progress on his/her own profession continuously, and use medical technology, by considering the needs of the society.
• To teach the normal and abnormal structures and functions of the human body together with the emergence mechanisms of diseases.
• To ensure the management of important and common diseases for the community using evidence-based medicine.
• To provide the ability of effective medical history taking and physical examination together with appropriate communication skills.
• To provide the use of current technologies essential for medical practices.
• To provide biopsychosocial approach in medical practices.
• To give priority the patient-centred care.
• To ensure compliance with laws and ethical principles during medical practices.
• To provide understanding of the requirements of socially disadvantaged individuals and different cultures.
• To ensure the evaluation of environmental and socio-cultural factors related to the health of the person and the society.
• To ensure to work in harmony with the team members regarding the responsibilities and respect to each other, and to take the role of the leader when needed during the provision of health services.
• To provide community-based education facilities and opportunities.
• Increasing awareness about the social responsibility of the Faculty, creating suitable environment for the production and realization of social responsibility projects.
• To provide continuous professional development with lifelong learning responsibility.
• To educate the members as field trainers when needed.
• To provide educational environments to understand the structure and functioning of the national health system.
• To develop the educational facilities and infrastructures.
Aims in the Field of Research
To provide the conduction of research that contribute to science and humanity for the protection and development of individual and community health.
• To organize educational activities related to scientific research planning and performing regarding ethical principles.
• To develop present scientific research facilities and infrastructure.
• To support the participation of students and academic staff in scientific activities.
• To provide opportunities for the exhibition and publication of the scientific products.
• To provide the suitable conditions for students to plan and carry out scientific. research under the supervision of their academic consultants.
Aims in the Field of Health Care
To provide healthcare services at qualified standards for the protection and development of individual and community health by using up-to-date scientific knowledge and technology.
• To provide advanced healthcare.
• To increase the satisfaction level of stakeholders by documenting the quality of health care products and services.
• To raise awareness of health professionals on national and regional social problems by focusing on these topics.
• To ensure quality standards related with the safety of the patients and the staff.
• To make a health policy that protects and takes into account the rights and privileges of patients and their relatives according to quality standards.